BioGaia Privacy Notice
BioGaia is responsible for the processing of your personal data and is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. All personal data is processed in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (“GDPR”).
The data controller is BioGaia AB, org no. 556380-8723, P.O. Box 3242, 103 64 Stockholm, Sweden.
What data we collect and how we collect the data
The majority of information we collect, we collect directly from you when you communicate with us via email, phone or other channels. Sometimes we might collect personal data about you from other sources, such as publicly available materials or our business partners. The personal data we may collect is your name, title, e-mail address, postal address, country, telephone number and CV.
How we use your personal data and legal basis
BioGaia will use the personal data for the following purposes:
- Newsletters, press releases and other services: to provide you with the information and services that you request from us, e.g. newsletters, press releases or other material; This use of personal data is our legitimate interest in communication with you and to provide the services you have requested from us.
- Account: to administer your account; This use of personal data is our legitimate interest to provide the services you have requested from us.
- Legal requriements: to comply with legal and regulatory requirements. This use of personal data is the protection and assertion of our legal rights, your legal rights and the legal rights of others.
- Business partners: in case you work at our business partners, in the course of fulfilling any contractual obligations with our business partner. This use of personal data is our legitimate interest in fulfilling the contractual obligations with our business partner.
- Job applications: to evaluate and make decision regarding recruitment of new employess. This use of personal data is our legitimate interest to evaluate and offer a jobseeker employment at BioGaia.
Transfer of personal data
We may disclose your personal data to any member of the BioGaia group as reasonably necessary for the purposes and on the legal basis set out above. We will not pass any of your personal data to any other third party without your written consent except to our third party service suppliers that support our IT-systems (relating hosting servers and newsletter distribution) or when we are required to do so by law.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers or on secure services controlled by third parties on our behalf. Where you have chosen a password, which enables you to access certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our website and any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
How long we keep your data
The information will be stored as long as you wish to receive communications from us as stated above or as long as needed for us to investigate, feedback or to take further actions enabling us to process the matter you have contacted us about. You can at any time unsubscribe from our subscriptions (e.g. newsletters).
You have the right to request access to or deletion of the personal data that we hold about you. You are also entitled to have incorrect personal data about you corrected. You can also object to certain personal data about you are being processed and request that the processing of your personal data shall be limited. If you wish to do so, please email your request to [email protected]. Please note that the limitation or deletion of your personal data may mean we will be unable to provide the communications and invitations described above.
Under certain circumstances, you have the right to receive your personal data from us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the data transferred to another party responsible for data processing.
You must provide us with accurate information. If any of your details change, please inform us and we will update your personal data in line with our obligations under the relevant laws.
You always have the right to lodge a complaint regarding your personal data with the supervisory authority, the Swedish Data Protection Authority (Datainspektionen).
We may update this policy from time to time by publishing the new version on our website and we will notify you of any changes if we are required to do so.
Cookies and social media
Depending on the choices you have made regarding your settings on various social media sites, certain personal data may be shared with BioGaia about your online activities and social media profiles. BioGaia is bound by privacy policies of these third parties. Please read the applicable privacy notices of such websites.
P.O. Box 3242
SE 103 64 Stockholm